Pennsylvania School Immunization Requirements(Authority: 28 PA Code §23 (C)
New Immunizations Regulations for 2017-2018 School Year
Children in All grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
* 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
* 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
* 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
* 3 doses of hepatitis B
* 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Students entering 7th grade:
* 1 dose of tetanus, diphthteria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) on the first day of 7th grade
* 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) on first day of 7th grade
Students entering 12th grade:
* 1 dose of MCV on the on the first day of 12th grade. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the twelfth grade dose.
The vaccines required for entrance, 7th grade and 12th grade continue to be required in each succeeding school year.
*Usually given as DTAP or DTP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
The requirements above allow for the following exemptions:
* Medical reasons;
* Religious beliefs; and
* Philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction
If you child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.