McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Children and youth are eligible for services under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act if they have been displaced from their homes and are living in a place that is not fixed, regular, or adequate, such as:
- Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason
- In a place not designated as regular sleeping accommodation, such as vehicle, park, hotel, or campground
- In a homeless or domestic violence shelter or transitional housing placement
- Outside of his/her home as an unaccompanied youth
- In any of the situations listed above as the child of a migrant family
If you believe you may be eligible, please contact Darian Smith, Supervisor of Pupil Services, at 610-466-2420 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what services and supports may be available. Please click here for community resource information.