District Reopening Information 1-5-2021
Dear CASD Famillies,
I am pleased to inform you that we will welcome our students back to our classrooms for hybrid learning beginning with Cohort A on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. In preparation for this transition, our elementary school students will begin following their brick- and -mortar schedule virtually beginning Monday, January 11, 2021. This will provide elementary students with a week to adjust to the brick-and-mortar schedule prior to the start of hybrid learning. Teachers will communicate the brick-and-mortar schedule to elementary school students via Canvas.
If you opted for virtual learning for your child this school year, we ask you to honor that decision. If you would like your child to return to in-person learning, please inform your school principal. Your principal will follow-up with you to work through a timeline for a return to hybrid learning to ensure the school has adequate space to be able to welcome your child. We understand that families are eager for flexibility this school year, however, we will be unable to honor multiple changes, so we ask that parents do their best to honor the choice they made for in-person or virtual instruction.
Once we return to the hybrid model, Asynchronous Wednesdays will be scheduled on every other week and not weekly. Please see the attached schedule which outlines cohort attendance days through March as well as Asynchronous Wednesdays. This schedule will be posted on our website.
A few important reminders:
- If you have questions about which cohort your child is in, please contact your school principal.
- Health and Safety: We are following our health and safety plan to mitigate against COVID-19. All students and staff must wear masks, practice good hygiene, and maintain physical distancing whenever possible.
- Transportation: Students are required to wear masks at all times while on the bus. In an effort to mitigate against the virus, buses will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis, and high-touch surfaces will be cleaned between bus runs.
- Bus schedules have been distributed to all families. If you have questions about your child’s schedule, please contact our transportation office at 610-466-2400 (Option 2) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breakfast and lunch will be served. Physical distancing will be observed to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Meals are free of charge for all children, regardless of income. Additionally, weekly meals are available for all children ages 18 and under, every Wednesday, through our community meal distribution – this is available for hybrid and virtual students, as well as younger siblings. To sign up for our Wednesday meal distribution, click here to complete the online form.
- Coatesville Area School District has been tracking positive COVID-19 cases on our website and will continue to do so. Please visit our COVID-19 dashboard (link here) for information. We have committed to following PA Department of Education guidance (click here to view a table) about when to close a school based on positive cases. Currently, Chester County is the in ‘substantial’ range for positivity rates. While it is our goal to maintain in-person instruction, we must prioritize health and safety, and parents should be prepared for possible school closures.
We are looking forward to welcoming our Cohort A students to the hybrid model on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. As we enter this phase of the school year, please know we appreciate all you have done to support our students through this very challenging school year.