A little about DECA
DECA is a club that has a national, state and local presence. It's goal is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management while they are attending high schools and colleges around the globe.
According to DECA, With nearly a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded. Their connection of these individuals with the DECA organization has created a brand that people identify as a remarkable experience in the preparation of students. DECA’s programs and activities have are guided by the use of the latest technology and apply cutting edge educational research to drive performance.
215000 Members 3500 High School Chapters 275 Collegiate Chapters 5500 Advisors
DECA is an organization that has two unique student divisions one for high School and the other for colleges and universities.
DECA's goal is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Our chapter is also a part of Pennsylvania DECA which is comprised of:
4,500 Members 85 Chapters 25 Corporate Partners
Pennsylvania DECA reports student programs success with results like:
- 90 percent of DECA members plan to further their studies in marketing, finance, hospitality and business management or become entrepreneurs
- 86 percent of DECA members report an A or B average
- 50 percent of DECA members are obtaining career experience through employment
- 27 percent of DECA members are very interested in starting their own business
DECA prepares the next generation of leaders to be:
- Academically Prepared
- Ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented
- Recognize the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible
- Poised professionals with ethics, integrity and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders
- Empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building and project implementation.
Meetings on Monday
Dues to be collected -- Please submit your annual DECA dues to Mr. Sheehan in room 114 in the 11/12 Building. The total for the dues is $16.
Sign up in Room 114 in the 11/12 building
Attention DECA seniors, DECA wanted to remind you as DECA members that DECA’s online scholarship program deadline is quickly approaching, January 18, 2019.
Please apply to as many applications that you meet the criteria for. Below is a quick overview of companies that contribute to DECA’s scholarship program and the basic criteria:
Career Interest and/or Employment Based
- AICPA (part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
- Hilton Worldwide (part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
- Marriott International
School- based Enterprises (SBE)
- Aryzta (Otis Spunkmeyer, Inc.)
- International Franchise Association Educational Foundation (Don DeBolt)
- PepsiCo Chilled DSD (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
- PDC Productions (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
- M&M Productions USA (as part of the Harry Applegate Scholarship Application)
- DECA Regions (Central, North Atlantic, Southern & Western)
- NSHSS (must also be a member of the student organization)
- NTHS (must also be a member of the student organization)
In addition, many colleges and universities that partner with DECA offer scholarships to DECA members. These can be found here.
Use this link to apply as members online before January 18, 2019.
DECA Idea Challenge
CASH DECA Stock Market Challenge
See Mr. Sheehan
Please visit the links below to view additional information about DECA